FERC has an active near-term agenda addressing important electrical issues through upcoming technical conferences, Notices of Proposed Rulemaking (NOPR), and Notices of Inquiry (NOI). We provide below a brief “menu” of these noteworthy conferences, rulemakings, and inquiries that will influence project development, energy pricing, and ancillary services.
Project Development and Access
- Conference: Review of Generator Interconnection Agreements and Procedures 
- When: May 13, 2016
- Agenda includes generator interconnection issues, interconnection of energy storage, a petition for rulemaking to revise the pro forma Large Generator Interconnection Procedures and the pro forma Large Generator Interconnection Agreement (LGIA), and other non-enumerated issues.
- Conference: Reliability of the Bulk-Power System 
- When: June 1, 2016
- Agenda to be announced.
- This will be a Commissioner-led conference to discuss policy issues related to the bulk-power system
- Conference: Competitive Transmission Development Rates 
- When: June 27-28, 2016
- Agenda includes the use of cost containment provisions, the relationship of competitive transmission development to transmission incentives, incentive ROE, and other rate making issues.